Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday 8 May 2015

Things I've learnt whilst blogging

I've had this little blog here for over three years now, which is crazy because the longest I've ever really lasted at something you could call a hobby is about a year, with ballet being the shortest (I lasted two lessons and then stopped because I didn't like the fact my parents had to leave me there... abandonment issues, obvs!)



So today I thought I'd share with you a few things I've learnt whilst blogging. Don't worry, it's not very deep and it's certainly not a post telling you how to blog (you type words onto a blog...)!

The little HTML knowledge you learnt by trying to make your MySpace page look cool will actually come in handy, who'd have thought it. Thanks Tom.

Always save your template before trying to alter your blog design. No seriously, just open a word document and paste the HTML there, maybe even save it. You'll want to kiss yourself for doing that at some point. 

Getting on social media not only opens your eyes to loads more blogs, it also gets you talking to other bloggers. Who knows, you may even make friends (without having to leave the house)!

There is no right/wrong way to do it. Everyone is just making it up as they go along, some people just get lucky!

You don't actually need to buy the whole of Boots, Superdrug, Selfridges and Debhams to be successful. I know, you may think you do, but honestly you don't 'cause then you have to buy the whole of IKEA to store it all, and then you end up broke and thinking you have nothing to blog about. 

Giving yourself a little schedule is a great way to help you stick to posting. Just don't go over your head or get upset if you can't make a post. It's ok! 

You don't have to spend a lot of money, but you will end up doing so because everyone else has nice things than you and life's not fair. Seriously, the Internet can make you want things you never would've thought you'd ever buy, I mean Cacti? Really?

Every now and again you have to try something new, whether it be a new writing style or a new colour lipstick. You never know unless you try.

It's funny to read your old posts and lol to yourself at how crap everything used to be, and think how you're soo much better now (and then read that in a couple of years, and realise you're still crap. As I said, fun game).

You really can't take it too seriously. Really, there is actually more to life... It's just a fun way to spend your time.



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo youtube_zps4fc770fc.png Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this! Especially about reallyyyy not needing to buy everything in sight. It's tempting to do, to justify it as "for the blog".

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.