Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Saturday 15 September 2012

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation


Today's post, surprise surprise is on the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, which I picked up last week whilst shopping with Rachel. I'd been wanting to try this foundation for a while, as I have always seen it mentioned on blogs and in youtube videos.


I love the look of the packaging, I find it very simple yet dare I say stylish? I also thought it looked like there wasn't much product in there, but there is actually more ml in this than in my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation bottle.


















The first picture is without any make-up, and the second is with just the foundation.

The colour match of this foundation is something I'm very pleased with, at the moment it is slightly light compared to the rest of my body, but that is only because I've still got a slight tan, so I know that it would be perfect in winter.

One think I dislike about this foundation is I feel it applies quite matte, whereas I was expecting a quite glowing look, however after a couple of sprtiz of my Vitamin E face mist, I find it gets rid of the original matteness. In these photos I almost look too shiny, but I promise not so much in real life.


Here is my make-up just applied. I feel like it gives decent coverage and looks quite natural. It clings slighty to dry patches, but I like the overall look it gives.


This photo was taken eight hours later, and I'm really sorry for the quality, it was late at night and was dark outside, so had to use the dreaded flash. I must say, the flash makes my face look worse, but the foundation had worn quite a bit throughout the day. I think I may need to invest in a better primer maybe?

Also, this is the same day, I had just gotten changed!


I thought I would add a final picture of me looking semi nice as I feel there were a lot of unattractive pictures in this post!

Overall I like this foundation, I prefer it to my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, but am slightly preferable towards the Rimmel Wake Me Up. I do however want to try the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.

Also, I still don't have my own laptop, which means I don't have the progamme I usually use to make collages etc. I also had post ideas which I had taken pictures for which are already on my laptop, so blogging is slightly difficult at the moment. But enough of my moaning. I hope this review has been helpful.

Do you like this foundation?

Laura xoxo

18 comments:

  1. the foundation looks perfect on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation! It lasts a really long time. I'm still using mine a year on. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you only need such a small amount as well!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you like it :) It does look really nice on you, I think it will be perfect for winter :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this foundation is perfect for you :) strange how it dries matte, even though it's a luminous foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This foundation looks great on you! I think I want to try this in the winter when my skin is a bit drier. I LOVE the tinted moisturizer! I have the oil free version, and it gives me as much coverage as some of my light coverage foundations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try it, and now you have made me want to even more haha!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love this foundation the only thing I dislike about it is the price! So I only use my for 'special occasions'! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this looks amazing on you! Really tempted to try it, because of the colour mainly. It doesn't look too matte, but that could be your highlighter in the second photo (in which case, the highlighter is amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I think it is a mix of highlighter and Vitamin E Spray :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Is it just me or does it not wear so well though out the day? It looks beautiful on though :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great on you! And a perfect shade match, too! :) The price is pretty steep though but definitely worth investing on!

    I'm a new follower, by the way. Hope you could follow back!
    :)

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely on you. What shade are you? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm in the shade Rose Ivory :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.