Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday 26 July 2012

Avene Cleanance K Cream-Gel


Doing my usual Youtube viewing, I watched Ruth's video on how she deals with spots and outbreaks. Although my skin has cleared up quite a lot, I still have a bit of scaring and was having a breakout at the time, so I watched it thoroughly. One of the products Ruth mentioned, and that held my attention was by Vichy. It was a gel that contained Glycolic acid, which Ruth explained, is a natural exfoliant and helps get rid of scarring and spots.(She also mentions that Vichy works in the same way as Liquid Gold, which is on wishlist.)

I owned a lot of products with sacylic acid to get rid of spots, and it really dried my skin out, so this gylcolic acid really stood out to me. I went onto the Boots website to check out the Vichy product mentioned, and also typed into the search bar 'glycolic acid' and this popped up. This was slightly cheaper, and I really like Avene as a brand so decided to look into this too. When in the Boots store, the had a sample of this, and it felt so nice on my hand it sold it to me.



I really like that this is a gel, as it feels smooth on my face (would make a great make-up base, but contains no spf so be carfeul) and it is also moisturising which I like, as I mentioned, most spot treating products really dry my skin out, and although I have oily skin, I do get dry patches too.

The smell of this product is rather vile, but it fades after a while so I can deal with it. I apply it at night after cleansing and all that. I leave it on it's own for a while, then put a tiny bit of moisturiser on the sides of my cheeks before bed as that is where my skin is driest.

('scuse the grumpy face)
This is my face before I started using the product, and even after the first day I noticed that my skin had calmed down quite a lot. I used this instead of my moisturiser and sanctuary oil, which saddened me, but I really wanted to test this product for you.


This is a week after using the cream, and I personally, can tell a difference. It's not massive, but it is still something, and I'm really happy. It may be a slight placebo effect, but to be honest, if it makes me feel better about my skin, I'm not that fussed.

However, after trying out a new moisturiser my skin decided it didn't like it and reacted really badly, think rashyness and spots, and...well you get the picture. Unsure of what was causing this, I stopped using this for a few days. I still have a couple of spots left from this, but, here is my face three weeks after the first use.


Sorry the lighting is crap, but I took this last night (well currently tonight,) but I really wanted to get this post up. But it does show how much my skin has improved.

Overall I would highly recommend giving this product a try. I think I'm going to alternate this with my Santuary oil on nights where I think my skin needs some TLC. But overall I'm really impressed. 

Also, if you go on the Avene website and fill in a questionaire they send you a couple of products to try, you can do that here!

Ruth's video - which is really worth a watch as it contains lots of interesting information. Ruth also has a blog, here!

What do you think, have you tried this? 

Laura xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I find the best way to get rid of spots is my dermologica microfoliant, It works amazingly, shame it's £50! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloomin' heck, that is a lot of money!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fair play i think its worked well too. I'm also hoping for Liquid Gold, great post!.

    http://thequirkyfox.blogspot.co.uk/

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Yes, I still want Liquid Gold haha.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I can definitely see a difference! I use liquid gold and love it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Ah, I think I need it in my life!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. The difference is obvious hun! Your skin looks a lot happier and less red. Glad it works for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is very happy :)
      Me too haha!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow. Great post. I've been thinking about the liquid gold for quite a while now, so I might give this a try first. Thanks Hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Ooo I hope it works for you :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Ooh looking good ;) but seriously your skin does look good, I'll have to have a look at this :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    Good post good article. I liked it. We sell Avene products sale %25 in Istanbul.

    MD Dr Adnan AYDOGDU EczanemizBurada.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.