Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Rimmel Lipsticks

I noticed that I seem to have accumulated many Rimmel lipsticks. How, and why, I'm not too sure. I think it stemmed from when I didn't have any lipsticks, then noticed that Rimmel's Lasting Finish collection was a good price and had a wide variety. I then ventured into their other lines, Mositure Shine, Pink Collection and the Kate Moss collection. Now I seem to be getting a little bit of a lipstick obsession, and I thought I'd show you all the Rimmel Lipsticks I've collected.



First up, I want to show you the first lipstick I got, Asia.


This is a gorgeous nude brown/pinky colour. I really like this for daytime, it's slightly darker than a natural lip, but I think it looks really gorgeous. It also looks really great for a night out with a nice clear gloss on top.

Next is a colour that I featured in a recent FOTD, Firecracker.


This is such a lovely corally red colour. If I don't want to wear it too bright, then I just dab it on with my fingers and it gives my lips I nice pop of colour without being too in your face. I will definitely be wearing more of this in the summer.

Heartbreaker, the next colour, was one I bought when I wanted a deep colour, but was too scared by red.


This lipstick comes off as a very deep pink with an almost red finish, but not quite enough to be a full red lip. I wore it on a night a few months ago and my friend ended up loving it too and she went out and bought it and always wears it when we go out. It really is a good night time lipstick.

The colour Berry Queen is very similar to that off Heartbreaker,


however it is slightly darker, and in the bullet it does look like it has slight purple undertones. This is from the moisture renew collection, and is quite moisturising to the lips, not as good as No.17 though. Again, I think this is a really lovely evening colour.

Tantrum is another quite dark reddish colour, however it has come out quite pink in the photo.


However it is actually the most red out of the colours and has a slight orange under tone. The hand swatch is more true to the actual colour for some reason. I use this as my 'red' lipstick as I'm still too scared to buy a proper red lipstick, I just don't think I could pull it off.

I bought this next colour for my Lucy Hale inspired look and it's called Sugarplum.



This is a very light pink colour. It looked like it had purple undertones in the bullet which is what drew me too it, but it actually comes off as a medium pink colour. 

Finally the last two colours, Kate 05 and Pink Excess are ones that I reach for daily.


This is a lovely pink with an almost red hint to it (again the hand swatch is the most true to colour) and I think it looks lovely on days wear you want more attention on your lips than just a natural colour.


I really love this lipstick and it is probably my favourite, however my one downside is that it has a slight rough feeling? It doesn't look rough or apply badly, it just feels slightly rough. It is a gorgeous nude pink with a slight brown undertone, and is the your lips but better look, I really like it.

These lipsticks don't have the longest staying power, but that doesn't bother me. I am the type of the person who puts my lipstick on in the morning and then just apply vaseline or carmex during the day.

I hope this has been helpful and a look into a few of the many colours that Rimmel do. They tend to be around the £4-£6 mark and can be picked up from most places, Boots, Superdrug and Supermarkets.

Do you wear Rimmel lipsticks? What is your all time favourite lipstick?

Laura xoxo


18 comments:

  1. I like Asia and the last one, but I've noticed the same thing about my version of the last one! It also seems to get creased unless my lips are extremely moisturized before I put it on, bit annoying. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a really weird formula isn't it ? How strange!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. hehe thanks for the swatches! they all look really nice. i've never been a lipstick kind of gal, so sad to say, i don't own any of their lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome :)
      I wasn't either, but for some reason I'm getting a slight addiction now :/
      Rimmel is a good place to start if you do want to try some :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love Rimmel esp their lipsticks. 2 of my faves for everyday are Paradise and Tulip pink.
    Sara xx
    ThebeautifulworldofLennynB@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I will have to look into those colours thanks :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. These are all such gorgeous colors! I love them! I think I see a few that I might try! :))
    xo Smitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I can't wait to see which ones :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ahh, love these colours, especially the first one. I am having a love affair with lipsticks at the moment...I can't get enough of them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am like that too, but with revlon lipsticks... before i knew it, i had quite a collection (although not as extensive as yours). ;) i've never tried rimmel lipsticks before, but i definitely want to check them out. these colors are pretty! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I've never tried a Revlon lipstick.
      Haha, I think I have a problem :/

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I like the first and last ones best on you! But you wear all of them well. I quite like Rimmel lippies and have always wanted to buy some more (I think I only have 2 at the moment). My favourite drugstore brand lipstick would definitely have to be Revlon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)
      I need to try Revlon lipsticks I think :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. i love my rimmel lipsticks! i have a bunch of them! has to be my favorite drugstore lip product! i love the kate moss collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one :) Me too, I really want to get more of the colours from it :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.