Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday 29 March 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Light

Ok, so I've had this foundation about a month now, and felt that I should let you know how I'm getting on with it.


I was matched to the shade one in the Double Wear Light, because no shades matched in the actual Double Wear. At first I was a bit bummed, I really wanted Double Wear, but I've gotta say I'm kinda glad now, I think it would've felt too heavy for me. 

For some reason I was extremely tired when I took these pictures, so that is why my eyes are weird!

So apologies for the no make-up but I wanted to show you what it looked like, and the coverage it gave. 
As you can see, it does give a very medium coverage, doesn't completely cover my redness, but does even out my skin tone. (The second picture is literally just the foundation.)


So the first picture shows how it looks with a powder, concealer etc, and it does give a good finish, however I have a problem with it. It takes a while to dry, and feels tacky until it does. Also, I find that it collects on random places of my face during my day, specifically, the middle of my forehead, nose and above my lip which is very strange, but I think that may actually be my skin at the moment, quite a few foundations are doing that, so I don't know. 

The second picture is how it looked just when I was about to take it off, about 8 hours later, and as you can see, the foundation really has lasted.

I find that it takes a while to really blend out, and I've tried brushes, fingers and a damp sponge, but still haven't found the best way to blend it onto the skin. But maybe it's just me? 

The one thing that I love about this foundation is the colour match. It is perfect. But that is probably the only thing I love about it. I do like the coverage and now find I save it for days when my skin is really awful, as I don't want to put it on my skin when it's behaving. Does that make sense?

I don't hate this product, but it's just not the one for me (sigh!) So, the hunt for my perfect foundation continues (when this has run out!)

Any recommendations? Do any of you use this? Any tips?



***Revised Opinion - I am now rather loving this Foundation - see why here ***
Laura xoxo

Disclaimer - I will not accept liability for any nightmares that may occur from seeing my foundation-less face!



26 comments:

  1. OH it's a shame you didn't get on with this. =( i mixing between MAC match master and L'oreal lump magique at the moment. Both light to medium and blend nicely. don't cover all flaws but obviously won't for light-medium but do even out skin tone and redness =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really wanted to like it :( Hmm, I shall make a note of them, thank you :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This looks really nice, it does match your skin too which is the most important aspect of a foundation!
    I hate when it collects in random parts of the face though, and I found my Estee Lauder sample didn't really blend in very well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know, I love the colour match, but it's just the rest, and for the money :/
      No I wasn't blown away by the sample for the Invisible Fluid either, but then I don't know if that's just the sample haha.
      We should go round lots of counters and get samples when we going shopping haha :)

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Yay :) Selfridges here we come :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have the Double Wear but i don't like to wear it alone, i always mix it with lighter foundation. I might give this one a go. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe I should mix mine then, ooo thank you, I will see what happens then :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. This has a good coverage but I don't think I would like having to wait for it to dry properly either :) I really need a new foundation for the summer months... I have heard good things about Loreal true match... I find it really hard to make decisions! ha ha :)

    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm too impatient haha.
      Ooo, added to the list haha! Me too!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I recently got a sample of this and I find it a bit 'meh' on its own but when mixed with a lighter, more dewy foundation (Armani Lasting Silk) it looks lovely.

    Zara
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixing it is becoming a definite option now :) Thank you :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Ah shame you didn't like it but its got great coverage from the pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Estee Lauder is fabulous!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review! I use the DiorSkin foundation and I'm totally satisfied so I'd recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo thank you, I'll make a not of that one too :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Good review!! :) I've been wondering about both those foundations! I want to give the double wear a go...I'm hunting for the perfect foundation still too! *sigh* lol Oh and your disclaimer is silly, you are still gorgeous without makeup lovely! :)
    xo Smitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think everyone is aren't they haha?
      You're too kind :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love the way you've done this post, it really gives a great idea of how it works! I wouldn't want the full Double Wear, I think it'd be too much, but I think I might be the same in terms of colour matching to the Light rather than the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yeah, I think it would be too much too, I hate my face feeling heavy if you get what I mean?
      I just couldn't find a colour match in double wear, it was too apparent, and I knew I would feel uncomfortable wearing it!

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Hi!

    I just wanted to know which concealer you used under your eyes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.