Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Tuesday 5 May 2015

That was so last year...


Make-up trends and blogger lust haves rarely last any longer than celebrity whirl wind romances; yet, we all still buy into them (and buy all them) as soon as we can, because how else are we meant to prove that we're cool and a true blogger, right?

So with that in mind, I had a scroll through my archives (yikes) and found the items that were so last year, and thought I'd have a little reunion with them, and give you all an update on our relationship.

Let's start with lips, as last year seemed to be all about the lip products, especially those that are in liquid form.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipgloss - This is definitely on the more lipgloss side of liquid lipsticks, but it does have a nice subtle colour pay off. I tend to use this occasionally, but if I'm being honest, I use the next product a lot more.

Loreal Colour Extraordinaire - This has a lot more colour to it, and is a lot more glossy too. I feel that it's quite thick, but because it's glossy it has an almost moisturising application to it. I reach for this quite often, as I feel it goes with quite a lot of make-up looks and is quite nudey/peachy so goes well with the whole nude lip trend *sassy girl emoji*

Bourjois Rouge - I feel like this was the one I was most excited for, probably because it was released to bloggers well in advance of it's realise date, meaning us mere muggles had to wait ages for it; but to be honest I'm not that thrilled by it. I think it's because it's quite sticky and matte at the same time, and I found that it bled a little, plus ain't no body got the time for the upkeep of it. This sadly, has been living in the lipstick drawer, rather than the lipstick mug that I regularly access.

Moving on to face products, however now I'm thinking about these products in more detail, I feel like they may even be two years old! (Gosh how time flies) So I hope you'll find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Bourjois 123 Perfect Range - Bourjois has a big year last year, and definitely realised the pull of the blogging world, as they really did get our juices flowing in regards to their releases by allowing the bigger bloggers to show it off. This range is kind of like a foundation meet a BB/CC type product, which is meant to make you look flawless (much like every other product out there.) Whilst I rarely reach for the CC cream, (I love my Dior BB one too much) I do use the concealer, and feel like this may actually be my second tube? I like this mainly because it's so light and really brightens up my eyes, more than it's good coverage or anything.

Hourglass Ambienet Lighting Powder - This may not be last year, but I think it's the last high end powder to truly get a mention ('cause let's face it, a powder is a powder, right?) It's basically a powder that has glowly particles (proper science) in it that powders and sets make-up but leaves you look healthy and dewy, but not Edward Culleny. I like this powder, but haven't used it in ages as I got a Loreal one which is much cheaper, and just as good. I now save this for special occasions.

Clinique Colour Pop Blushers - Ah, so pretty, which is the main reason I bought it (and because it was limited edition.) Gotta love pretty packages. I like this product, but it's not that pigmented so you really have to build it up. I do use this still, but mainly because it's in my basket so easy to access, rather than in the blusher drawer.

Did you get sucked into the hype of any of these products? Let me know.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo youtube_zps4fc770fc.png Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I never got around to trying those Clinique blushes, but they do sound nice :) I definitely get pulled into the hype of products but I stopped impulse buying, instead I keep it on a beauty wishlist and if I still really want it and remember to look for, I'll consider buying.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Bourjois CC Cream, I use it at least a couple of times a week! I may have to pick up the concealer to try :) Great idea for a post!!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.