I'm now extremely lucky in the sense that I'm now able to work from home. Whilst I think my car misses all the one on one time we used to share together I'm totally loving it, so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on what life is like when you do actually work from home.
1) You'll begin to forget the last time you washed your hair.
-2) If you don't remind yourself to go outside you can not leave the house for days.
3) Days of the week all merge into one and it's only until others are in the house too that your realise it's the weekend.
4) You feel guilty not replying to emails at 8 o'clock at night 'cause you're already in bed.
5) Your new uniform will consist of leggings that haven't been washed for a few weeks and a hoodie that's three sizes too big for you.
6) Social media becomes your new best friend as there is always someone there to interact with.
7) Getting out of bed is even more difficult in the morning as you know you could actually stay there, but you also know you really shouldn't.
8) Procrastination becomes your second job.
9) You become weirdly obsessed with your neighbours and their coming and going.
10) If you have a pet, you will find yourself having numerous conversations with them each day.
11) When you do have to leave the house (ew) you spend a lot of time doing your hair and make-up because you can't remember the last time you did it, or remember what it's like to look at your face and not see dark circles and spots with freshly washed hair.
12) You'll sit down and try to find something to watch on TV on your lunch and then find yourself having your lunch at the same time each day to keep up to date with the series.
13) You feel sad when you think you've finished all your work for the day and can go enjoy Netflix when an email pops into your inbox.
14) Shoes feel like torture as they're not cosy slippers or fluffy socks and they're not being supported by soft carpet. Damn you pavement.
15) Your food supplies will go down a lot faster.
16) Sometimes you'll find yourself singing out loud just to hear sounds, and it'll often be something weird like the theme tune to Bob the Builder.
17) You'll never want to leave the house again.