Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday 29 August 2014

Fiction Friday: Books I've Read This Month


Last week I headed down to Devon with my family for a lovely week of R&R. Whilst I was away I managed to get through a few books and thought I'd share them with.

Before We Met - Now I had started reading this book before I went away, and to be honest I just couldn't get into it. I found it quite slow to take off and the story line quite easy to guess (I guessed it at least.) The story follows the life of a woman called Hannah and her marriage to a man named Mark. I would say it probably falls under the thriller category, but it just didn't hook me like others.

Anna and the French Kiss - For this book I went back to the good old young adult classic. It was a really easy read and I devoured it in one afternoon. Anna is sent to boarding school in Paris and the story follows her life whilst she's living there. Expect love and friendships and a nice feel good book. 

Sleep Tight - This book was definitely my favourite of the lot I read. Again I raced through it in an afternoon as I had to know what happened. It had the same kind of suspense of 'Before I Go To Sleep'. It follows the story of a woman called Olivia alongside many other characters, who I'm lead to believe also carry on in other books. Now this book left me gasping and excited from all the twists and turns and I definitely did not guess what had happened. A very good read.

What have you read this month?

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Love finding new books to read, will defiantly check these out
    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.