Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday 8 August 2014

Fiction Friday: You're The One That I Want


Before I went on holiday in June I downloaded a few new books onto my Kindle to get my teeth sunk into. I just love reading new books and was really excited to just sit and read with nothing else going on. My favourite book whilst I was away had to be You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher (Tom fom McFly's wife, if you didn't already know!)

The story follows three friends, from primary school to their late twenties. You get the perspective from two different characters, Ben and Maddy. You also kind of get a perspective from Rich too, but not in the same amount of detail as the previous two. For me, that's something I really enjoy in books.

I found a lot of the things really relatable in the book, and think that Giovanna really captured what children and young adults really experience as they grow up. She shows how difficult it can be growing up and how different stages of your life bring with it knew and exciting turn.

I wouldn't say its a hard hitting book, but it definitely clutches at your heart strings and I did not want to put this book down. It also left me thinking for quite a while after, so I'm glad I left it till the end of my trip as I think I would've found it hard to get into another book after. 

Have you read this book?

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.