Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday 20 June 2014

Fiction Friday: Before I Go To Sleep


You may remember a previous Fiction Friday post where I informed you that I was beginning to indulge into the thriller side of fiction, and boy has the continued. When I gave my aunt back her books she lent me a couple more, and amongst them was S J Watson's Before I Go To Sleep

This book has been one of those that I've found myself racing home from work and staying up past my bed time to read. It just had me hooked so I knew I had to share it again.

Just like with the other books, it wasn't a scary thriller, but one that left you on edge wanting to know what happened. It's hard to find a character you can trust, and sometimes you find yourself even doubting the protagnoist too; which is what makes it such a page turner. I just found myself desperate to know what happens next.

Unlike with Gone Girl, which did have quite a few dramatic twists, the twists in this book are constant and actually 'gasp' worthy. It really shocks you at so many different points.

A little about the plot, without spoilers. It's based around a woman called Christine who has amenisa after an accident, and each morning she wakes up either thinking she's a child or in her early twenties with no current memories. She then has to be reminded each day who she is and who she lives with etc. As the book goes on you see how she tries to remember past events and comes to terms with things that have happened in her life since the accident.

Really interesting, really gripping and I highly recommend it.

Have you read this? What do you think?

Laura

1 comment:

  1. I've not read this but I've seen it loads of times and been intrigued by it.
    I'm currently reading 'The Best of Me' by Nicholas Sparks (all of his books are the same, but I liked them anyway), so when I've finished that I might pick this up.

    Laura x | http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.