Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Back to Basics


After watching Anna's new video (the capsule make-up bag) this Sunday, it got me thinking about what I would put in my basics/capsule category, and today I'm sharing them with you!


A good all round base that works for most occasions would have to be the Dr Jart+ BB Cream. A good medium coverage, especially for a BB cream, with a lovely glow and skincare properties it has pretty much all you want from a base. My two favourite concealers are Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer and the Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm still yet to find a powder that wows me, but the  Bourjois Healthy Balance powder is doing alright at not caking and keeping shine away.


As I have a bit of discolouration in my eyes MAC's Painterly soon sorts them out. To make me look more awake a quick slick of Rimmels Scandaleyes in Nude really brightens tired peepers. A mascara that thickens and lengthens the lashes has to be Max Factor's False Lash Effect. To add some brow definition in a flash, Max Factors Brow Pencil in Hazel is a definite go to.


Wow, lots of 'other' products here... The Nars Multiple in Portofino is the perfect blush. Blob it on, blend it in and bobs your uncle. A lip product I love is this Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.

What would be your basics?

Laura xoxo

13 comments:

  1. My number 1 basic would be skin79 bb cream as I can't function without it and I'm big into my primers so I'd have to have one too! Hard to give up anything really haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that but I know lots of people do :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love this post idea :) I didn't realise The Multiple was so small, at least compared to the Revlon Lip Butter. Need to give more love to Berry Smoothie - have sorely neglected most of my Lip Butters for no reason. I'd love to try the Dr Jart+ BB Cream but I don't think it's available here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I know, they aren't the biggest! I think the reason may be your large lipstick collection ;)
      Oh no, Australia is missing out!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Berry Smoothie is one of my fave lip butters x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew berry smoothie would be in there, you love that lip butter so much.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Nars multiple? Really? You?
    Glad to see Painterly right before I buy it myself :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.