Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Saturday 13 October 2012

An Autumns Eve - Make-up Look


The other day, I went shopping with the oh so gorgeous Rachel, and I did something I swore I would never do, even in the car on the way to shopping, I declared I would never do it, but I did. I bought a MAC lipstick (gasp!) I always thought they were way too overpriced, especially for someone who rarely wears lipstick, however Rachel really wanted a deep red/brown lipstick, and after swatching away, I found her this. I then tried it on, and well, the rest we say, is history. (My bank card calls it lack of control, but that's a different story.)


Instead of doing a whole post on just the lipstick, I thought I would do a whole look. I find that this colour just sums ups Autumn evenings, and think this would be a lovely look to wear to the pub, sitting by the fire, drinking mulled wine (yes?)



Base:
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Eyes:
Brows: Mac Omega & Charcoal Brown
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Loreal Super Liner
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

Face:
MAC: Harmony and The Perfect Cheek Blush
Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow

Lips:
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick


I really like the strong lips and liner with a more nude cheek, I think it just makes the look that much bolder. But I think to tone it down a bit I could use a bit of black shadow instead of liner, but overall I'm really pleasantly surprised with this look.

What do you think of dark colours for Autumn?

Laura xoxo

21 comments:

  1. love the lipstick and you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour for fall - and I think it's gorgeous with your colouring (i.e. fair brunette). Love how you kept the rest of the face simple to really let the lipstick shine :) It's funny you say you'd never buy a MAC lipstick (until now) - that's almost all I bought at MAC when I was in the States :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree :)
      Thank you :)
      Haha I know

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely :) you are so so pretty! And the lipstick looks amazing on you :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks lovely :)
      It looks gorgeous on you too :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the lipstick & the eyeliner on you! You are such a beautiful lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely colour on you x

    snowwhiteetrosered.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't go wrong mac lipstick!your whole make up looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lipstick, the colours beautiful and it really suits you.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I generally wear dark colors all year round so my opinion for dark colors for fall is about the same. I do love wearing pink lipsticks in fall, because while everyone is wearing red. I stand out with my pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is perfect for autumn, I'm still yet to find my staple red lippy for the season...but I love yours!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. PHWOAR!
    So glad you got this. you are such a stunner.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're making me blush!!!
      Thank you :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.