Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Soap and Glory Flake Away Scrub


I'm sure you are all well aware of the brand Soap & Glory. They are a company that have well and truly climbed to the top of the ladder recently. I'm yet to find a blogger that hasn't raved about them, and from what I've tried, rightly so. I have mentioned my love of the Breakfast Scrub previously, when it ran out, this was all I could get, so I thought I'd give it a try.


Now the skin on my arms resembles a sun-burnt crocodile that is very embarrassed. It is red lumpy and slightly scaly (soz for the gross image, it's not that vile, but ya know, poetic licence and all.) So I like to exfoliate every time I shower and follow with some moisturiser, and slowly it is starting to calm down.


Unlike the Breakfast Scrub, Flake Away is a slat scrub so you have to be careful not to be too harsh, and avoid any cuts and open wounds (NIIICEEE.) It has a very perfumed scent, which I'm not a massive fan off, I much prefer the maple sugary goodness of the Breakfast Scrub. The grains of this scrub too are much finer. However, it is still in a tub which means products under nails and a bit of a kerfuffle in the shower, but is it worth it?


Unlike the Breakfast Scrub, this doesn't really dissolve and a little bit stays on your skin, which is very, well, weird. It took me a couple of usages to get used to this, however what this does, is keep your skin much more moisturised, after the shower. So much so that it doesn't matter if I forget to use moisturiser. 

Overall, I am put off my the smell, but I love the overall feel it gives, and I do prefer it to the Breakfast Scrub. Both are great products that I would recommend, but I think you need to asses your skin type to decide which one to purchase.

What's your favourite Soap & Glory product?

Laura xoxo

22 comments:

  1. I'm a sheep who loves soap and glory! As you said above haha. I haven't tried either of these, most exfoliators make me all itchy (sorry for that treat of a detail) but if this moisturizes too maybe it's worth a try :)
    Great review :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Baaa!
      Haha, lovely detail, yeah i think it is :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have tried this and don't like it at all. I can't stand the fact it sticks to your skin for ages after! And our shower has the power of... well something that has no power what so ever.
    I know where to send my tubs from christmas gift sets to!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh yeah I can see how that would be annoying that though!
      Haha, awesome :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love everything Soap and Glory including this scrub, I'm using Scrub Actually at the moment and it's lovely.

    I've got a giveaway on my blog if you fancy checking it out.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I've never heard of that one :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've just bough some Soap&Glory products for the first time and I can't wait to try them!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo can't wait to hear what you think :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I really like the feeling of scrubs that feel moisturizing (or even a big oily) after I use them! I might have to check this one out...although I am not a huge fan of many of the S&G scents :S

    xo Courtney

    http://www.strawberreeswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't like the scent of this one, but I liked everything else haha!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love Soap & Glory! I haven't tried this but I need to try a new exfoliator so I may have a mooch next time i'm in town! My favourite S&G product is the righteous butter...the smell is amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that but think I'm going to have to haha!

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love the Soap & Glory scrubs my favourite is Scrub' Em And Leave' Em which is their other salt scrub
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I haven't heard of that one either, my list is growing haha.

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I really love Soap & Glory! I really want to try their body scrubs! Too bad they don't sell Soap & Glory in Holland! :( I got their mascara at the March edition of Elle UK with Alexa Chung, have you ever tried it? I absolutely adore their mascara!

    xoxo, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( Yes I tried it. but wasn't blown away by it tbh though! Glad you like it though :)
      You'll have to try some if/when you come to the UK :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. interesting review, I don't think I can get over the smell if I really dont like it! but if it does the job.. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Yeah I know, it's kind of swings and roundabouts tbh!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love this stuff so so much! I used so many different body exfoliants - from the very cheap to VERRRY expensive and this is my absolute favourite. I adore it! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like their facial cleansers, but I just got this scrub, and I really liked it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of their cleansers, will have to give them a go :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.