Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Ideas of adult life would be like VS actual adult life


I rarely call myself an adult. I still live at home with my parents, sleep with a cuddly toy and throw a tantrum if I'm over tired (or things don't go my way!)

However, when facing facts I'm 22, in a full time job and need to start thinking properly about my life! (I've had more quarter life crisis' in the last few months then I thought possible.)

Whether it's due to the fact that the economy is a lot different to when I was growing up or whether my parents did a much better job at pretending adult life was fun, things are definitely not how I thought they would.

When I was younger: By 22 I would've finished uni have a great job and be living in my own place.

Actual Life: I managed to finish uni, and find a job (which I know I'm incredibly lucky in doing), but I will probably be living with my parents for the best part of my twenties.
To be honest, I love my parents and don't actually mind living with them at all, but who knew houses were so expensive, and renting basically means it's even harder to save for a deposit. Also, you have to get a deposit then pay a mortgage, you don't just buy the house! Who knew?!?

When I was younger: I wish I was older so I can buy everything I want to.

Actual life: I wish I had more money so I can buy everything I want to.

When I was younger: Being able to drive is so cool, you can go anywhere.

Actual life: Being able to drive is so cool, and I can go anywhere, as long as I have enough petrol, and I've paid my car tax, and I've got enough money saved for my insurance. Oh what's that? I need new tyres? There goes my savings again.

When I was younger: I wish I got more post.

Actual life: Oh great, another bill, a leaflet, more bills, I'm entitled to a credit card.... more bills.

When I was younger: Eugh, coffee is gross.

Actual life: Eugh, coffee is gross.  

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo youtube_zps4fc770fc.png Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Same with me, my adult life is nothing as I imagined it to be!

    My Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't call myself an adult and I'm around your age too. My husband and I've bought a house and it's totally not as we thought it would be when we were kids - still lots of fun, but lots of bills too lol. Love this post, I think I'm coming up to a life crisis soon too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.