Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Monday 28 April 2014

Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche L'Extraordinaire in Rose Melody



Ah, yet another glossy liquid lipstick has landed on our highstreet. The L'Oreal Colour Riche L'Extraordinaire have definitely done their rounds on many a people's blog, and for some reason I was drawn to them.

Last summer definitely saw me have a love affair with the Rimmel Appocalips and I thought I'd see how L'Oreal's version compared.

I'm pretty sure that L'Oreal and YSL are owned by the same person or something so it's not surprising that the packaging is similar is to the YSL glossy stains, especially the applicator. I personally prefer the packaging of this product to the Rimmel counterparts, it has a slightly classier edge, however it's a bit bulky.

I picked up the colour Rose Melody which was the most pinkish nude of the selection. It is definitely a 'me' colour at the moment. I keep gravitating toward peachy pink nudes, that do a 'your lips but better'.




The applicator makes the product easy to apply and due the the colour I picked you can apply it easily without a mirror. Whilst the colour is really opaque, it doesn't feel heavy or overly glossy on the lips. The shine makes it feel really nourishing and compared to the Rimmel ones it definitely feels much better for your lips, however the Rimmel ones I would glass as a liquid lipstick, whereas this is more lipgloss territory.

I really love this product, but I'm now left wondering, which colour do I pick up next?

Have you tried this? What do you think?

Laura xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a very nude shade but it's a bit too sheer for my liking! It does look very good though, I'd prefer something more glossy than staining actually! I think I should take a look next time! It does look great on you, so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks gorgeous - lovely nude shade, so natural :)

    I think it would maybe be more appealing if it wasn't so glossy for me though, I tend to go for matte shades instead :)

    Brilliant review and lovely photographs!

    Laura - Laura's All Made Up ♥
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this looks so effortless, would go with any make up look. Lovely post, and pictures really do the product justice!

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.