Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Monday 8 April 2013

Review: Revlon 3D Volume Photo Ready Mascara

Wow, that’s along title for mascara isn’t it? C’mon Revlon, something a bit easier next time please? So I purchased this after seeing Adrienne mention it in a tweet and I was in Boots, and you can guess the rest.



It’s quite a big mascara, and breaks the usual round mould and is square, which is annoying for me as it takes up a lot of space, but it’s nothing too serious.



The wand reminds me of the They’re Real mascara, I don’t know why, and it’s been a while since I tried that so I may be wrong. It has bristles all down the side (I can never tell the difference between plastic or not, so I have no clue) and also at the end, I’m guessing so that they can get those ‘hard to reach’ lashes.


When I first used it I was quite disappointed. Yes my lashes look ok, but not sounding big headed, my lashes are alright on their own. However, I preserved and now I really like using it.



What I’ve found is it gives a really nice ‘everyday natural’ look. The bristles really work well at separating my lashes instead of clumping them together. I didn’t realise at the time but I picked up blackened brown instead of black, so maybe that aids the ‘natural’ look.



Overall, this is a nice mascara, slightly pricey at I think £10.99, but I would recommend if you already have nice lashes you want to enhance. I probably won’t by this again, but if I do, I’ll be sure to let you know.
Have you tried this? What do you think?
Laura xoxo

12 comments:

  1. You have such lovely eyelashes on their own *sigh*. But this does look really nice on you :) and I think browny mascaras are lovely too, I just always forget them on my quest for a good-enough standard black haha! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!
      Yeah, they are good for those 'natural' days!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. It looks like your natural lashes are fairly long already! I think they just define and add a bit of volume, natural but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your natural lashes are wonderful! Yeah I dont think this mascara would work with mine :[

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the effect. I had never seen this one before xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lovely eyelashes on there own too, haha, we win. Yeah anyway I'm too in love with my they're real to venture out at the moment xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lashes are so long that every mascara looks nice on you. I do not like you for that reason. Fortunately i love you for many other reasons.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.