Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Wednesday 23 May 2012

What's all the fuss about?

It appears that I am doing a lot of 'worth the hype' type posts at the moment, that is obviously where my head's at, at the moment, but this will be the last, for a while at least.


Today's post is about the Bourjois Magic One Second Nail Polish Remover, which I'm sure you're all familiar with. However, as it took me forever to find one, I also picked up a Pretty Quick nail polish remover which works under the same pretense, stick your finger in, twist and remove (that sounds so elegant, no?)


First up the underdog so to speak. On my nails I had Essie's Mademoiselle, and a glitter accent nails.



Now the Essie colour, was not the best to show you, I admit, so I have done another one, which you can see in a minute, but it did remove it no bother. But when put to the test, after a couple of twists, it only removed a fraction of the glitter nail polish.


(Essie Cute as a Button)



Next, the item in question, the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover.



As you can see with this polish remover it removes the main colour perfectly, and the glitter polish pretty much perfectly too, with just a couple flecks left, which were erased after another dunk. However the glitter remained in the pot, and comes out when I use it now too!


Now, the nitty gritty. They do have pretty much the same results, the Bourjois one is defintely more soothing to my nails if that makes sense? And does do it quicker, but it didn't live up to the one second claim.

The Borjouis one is double the price, but almost double the size too. It definitely has a nicer smell, but they both smell extremely strong.

So overall, I like the idea behind these products, but I don't understand why the shelves are empty of the Bourjois one, when the same thing is out for a cheaper price. I also think, my perfectionist ways prefer a good old cotton pad and remover 'cause it means I can reach everywhere.  So good for maybe travelling, but overall, I'm not blown away.

Another cheaper alternative can be found in Rach's post here!

What do you think? Worth the Hype?

Laura xoxo


27 comments:

  1. This is a really cool post. Thank you for letting us know how the products work! :) My friend uses a lot of nail polishes so i might try sorting this out for her! :)

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh maybe I won't try the bourjois one then! I don't like them not reaching everywhere but mine does most bits so I just go over them with proper remover if its obvious :)
    Great post, I don't wear nail polish, c u on my blog!!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you do make laugh!
      Yeah, it's nothing special tbh!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ahh! Finally! When I saw everyone fussing over the Bourjois one I was like this has been done before! Glad someone else thinks the same too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly bought the Bourjois one yesterday until I saw the price! £5! I buy OPI remover for £8 which is pricey but I think I will be sticking with it and leaving the gimmicky one on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is pricey! I didn't no OPI did one? Yeah, it is just a gimmick really!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I don't get the hype on these tbh.. I'd rather pay a couple of quid (if that!) and do a few more sweeps with a cotton pad than pay over double the amount for something like this. Good comparision, it's nice to know there are cheaper ones out there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using the Preety Quick one for years. I was so confused as to why people were acting as if Bourjois had created some unheard of product. Similar products have been around for years.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they existed but never sought them out before, pretty quick is rather good tbh :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great post! So far I've seen a review where someone loved this product and another where someone hated it. I'm like you, and would much rather stick to a cotton ball and remover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a very mixed product! Old ways are the best!

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I remember using this type of nail removers when I was about 12! I'm so glad they're back!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get the cheap version for the on the go i think, managed to resist the bourjois one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, think that's the best option :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. OH MY GOD. I couldn't actually pay any attention to any thing you wrote about after the stick your finger in twist and remove.

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found one like this in Poundland for, yep you guessed it £1. Smaller and different to bourjois, but if it does the same thing, 'removing nail polish' then why spend a fiver when this is only a quid?!? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've spotted a cheaper version in poundland, almost picked it up, but I'm so happy with my bourjois that i'll stick with that as it's more trusting :P
    Great review of the two!

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have to say - really like your candle holder with the hearts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was a christmas present :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.