Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday 17 May 2012

Essie Nail Varnish


Essie is a nail varnish brand that carries a very good name within the blogging community, alongside the loved O.P.I. However until recently it has been very hard to get a hold of. However they have now created a diffusion line that retails in both Boots and Superdrug. It took me forever to find a store with a stand, so I took advantage and got three. 


Cute as a Button
This is definitely my favourite shade out of the three. A classic Essie colour, a nice pink toned coral which is just so lovely and girly when on. It was pretty much opaque in one coat, but I put two on just to be safe. I really, really love this colour and think I'm going to be wearing it a lot these coming seasons.


In a Stitch
I like this colour, it has come off slightly darker in this picture. It is a nice pink/brown colour that could look very sophisticated.  Again this opaque within the first coat, and I actually left it at the one for this picture.


Mademosille 
This is a very nude, almost your nails but better colour. Unlike the other too this one is very sheer, and even with three coats you can still see the natural nail come through. This would be perfect if you aren't allowed nail colour at work or school.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of these polishes. They lasted around three days on me, which is amazing, and they are so simple to apply, which I hear is something to do with the diffusion line.

I haven't done a NOTD for a while 'cause I've been using the Nail Envy from O.P.I and I couldn't recommend it enough. It has done wonders for my nails. They are so much stronger now, and polish lasts so much longer.

What are your favourite Essie colours?

Laura xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Cute as a Button is gorgeous! I'll have to have a hunt in Boots once my exams are over, I love Essie polishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a Button is so pretty! Probably going to be my next Essie purchase :) I have Fiji, Mint Candy Apple and Big Spender from the diffusion line and they're all amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      Ooo gonna look out for them :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Cute as a Button is my favourite too! So pretty and perfect for summer :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love In A Stitch, unfortunately my local boots hasn't got an Essie stand :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( It took me forever trying to get one :)


      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I think I need Nail Envy, my nails have sustained quite a bit of damage from my nonstop nail polish wearing! Glad to hear it's been working really well on you :) Lovely colours, I haven't tried Essie polishes before but they do make some gorgeous shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good :)
      They really do :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Cute as a button is really so cute! :D
    I hate the fact that Essie nail polishes are not sold in my country. They have so many gorgeous colors!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Ah that's a shame :( Have you tried ebay?

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I think I'm staring to develop a fetish for essie nail polish, so sad that my poor 16 year old budget does not stretch that far :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :( Ah I'm sure you'll find a way :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Fun post! Loving the Cute As A Button color!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm super excited that Boots are now selling Essie, all I need to do now is find a boots that sell it haha. I love Cute as a Button, the shade is beautiful and perfect for summer xx


    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as a button is gorgeous! So glad they are easier to get hold of now x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute as a button is so pretty! You should look in tk Maxx, mine had 3 essie's for £9.99!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, think I'm gonna have TK Maxx hunt tomo :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.