Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Body Shop - Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream


This is my final Body Shop purchase, a night cream. I loved my Garnier one I was using, but been as though this was in the offer, I thought I'd give it a go. However, when it runs out I will go back to my Garnier one as I just preferred it. 


This moisturizer is lovely and thick which is probably why it's called a cream, and feels lovely when you put it on, however after a while it starts to sting a little bit, maybe that's just my skin though? It definitely nourishes my skin, as I still feel it in the morning, but I don't like the stinging and I'm not a massive fan  of the smell. It smells like baby products, and I'm just not a massive fan, which is why I'm going to go back to my Garnier one when it runs out.

Aside from the smell, and slight stinging,  I have no complaints about this product, it does what it says on the tin. So yeah, probably not the most exciting read or the most infomative, but it's a moisturiser, what do you expect?

Have you tried this? What are your thoughts? What's your favourite night cream?

Laura xoxo

Also, yesterday I hit over GFC 200, and I am so happy and overwhelmed by it. Thank you all for reading, and commenting, it really means a lot. I love blogging, and the fact that people read it is just amazing. So thank you so much.

21 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but I'm always looking for a good night lotion! I think it makes such a difference, thanks so much for sharing!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking for a good night cream, whats the garner one you use?

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm it's the night young one or something like that?
      It's in this post here: http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/2012/02/moisturiser.html
      I love it, thick but not heavy and smells divine :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love The Body Shop. Their lotions and body butters are the best!

    lauraxamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the smell of these Vitamin E products! I don't have the night cream, but I am testing the Illuminating cream out right now (which is lovely so far!), and I will assume that they have a similar scent. It's too bad about the stinging, that would be enough to turn me away from any product!

    xo Courtney

    http://www.strawberreeswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on your blog :)
      I know, it's only been happening lately and only round my eyebrows, and nose, strange ahah!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I used to use these products all the time especially the cleanser (great for SEEING the grime you take off, haha), but recently I have switched to Liz Earle. Like both xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you just reminded me that I need a night cream! I'll check out Garnier soon!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    PS, I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, let me know what you think :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I'm using this at the moment and I'll continue to use it till I find something better, this is so moisturing and definitely gets rid of any dry patches and I can still feel it on my skin on the morning aswell but I'm not a huge fan of the smell either :)xx

    http://nicolesmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one :) You should check out the garnier one, the consistency is around the same :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the 200! Sucks about the stinging =( That's bad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I know :( Think it's cause I wash my face with too hot water :/

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Congrats! :)
    I have just started applying astral moisturizer overnight, smells a bit like an old lady but it does the job, plus my 53 year old aunt says she's used it since 15 and I'd kill to have her skin at her age! :') I'd like to try the garnier one you mentioned though xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarr :)
      OOO sounds interesting :) Who smells you at night anyway haha?

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I saw this in the Body Shop & contemplated getting it but after your post decided against it and got a lovely one from Boots which works perfect for me, your review saved me skin burning hehe!

    Thanks for reviewing x

    Claire @ http://soeast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your followers! So exciting :) And good to know your thoughts on this moisturiser, definitely not good that it stings though!

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.