Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Saturday 11 February 2012

Project Perfect

I came across this idea last night and thought that it would be a really good thing to take part in.
The idea was bought up by Amy at Flaws and All (post here)
I won't go fully into what this is about as you should go and read Amy's post, but it is mainly about how we look see ourselves, and to focus on the positives, rather than the negatives. It's a hard thing to do, but something we should all try.

Here are the rules:
1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.


So here is a picture I like:



Ok, if we ignore the hair that is going across the face. This was taken just before Christmas 2011 and I like it cause I look happy. My make-up looks nice and my hair has finally grown (yay.) I think I like this picture too because at the same time the year before I was 2 and half stone heavier so it is refreshing not to have a double chin.

So, 3 things I don't like about myself:
1) My arms, I really dislike the top of my arms. I still wear short sleeves though, just cause I love short sleeve tops.
2) I have seen this going around a lot on this Project Perfect, my nose. What is with people and their noses? I just find mine too big. 
3) Eyebrows. I just don't get them. They are either too big or too uneven and they just never look right, no matter how much I pluck them or leave them. I even have them threaded and I'm still not happy with them. But I don't think I would look right without them, so learning to love them.

Finally, 3 think I like about myself:
1) My eyes. I like my eyes. They are a nice colour, my lashes are generousness and they are a nice size (if that makes sense?)
2) My teeth. I am so lucky with my teeth, they are nice and straight and I love that I can do open mouthed smiles (is that strange?)
3) My hair. It is finally growing and a nice colour and yeah, there isn't much to say really is there?

So I challenge all of you to do Project Perfect. It's a great way to show a bit more about yourself to your readers and other bloggers, and it's kind of good for you too. It was slightly hard to write this as I'm not big on sharing things about myself, but I think the cause is certainly worthy enough. While you're at it, head over to Amy's blog and share it with her too.

Will you be taking part?
Also go check out the Project Perfect Page Amy has created here.
Laura xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You have lovely teeth! :) I only have good teeth now after 2 and a half years of braces! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)
      At least you'll always have them now :)

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.