Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Monday 23 January 2012

Celeb Inspired

I don't know about you, but most of my make up inspiration comes from what I see celebs sporting. Therefore I thought it would be fun to try and do celebrity *inspired* make up using new and different products. That means I also get to go out and get new make up to get the looks right - I'm only being a perfectionist, promise. I will also do blog posts reviewing new make up I buy.

For my first look I decided to try to channel the lovely Lauren Conrad. I am a massive fan of hers, she always looks effortlessly cool, usually sporting a half halo braid and simple make up. Today I decided to try to do a look similar to one of her more glamours red carpet looks. I hope you like.


I got the picture from here: if you own it and would like me to take it down please contact me via the comments box.

And here is what I looked like:





 As you can see I tried to re-create the big winged out liner and red lip with a subtle complexion. Here is what I used to do it and how I did it.


Starting off with the face I used a Gosh green concealer on my blemishes and redness and placed Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation in 103 True Ivory. I then used Maybelline's Dream Luminator highlighting concealer (don't know what shade) underneath my eyes, on my nose and on my brow bone. I then went over blemishes again in my Rimmel's Hide the Blemish concealer in 002 sand. I then dusted my face in Loreal's True Match powder.

I used an Eco Tools retractable foundation brush, a Topshop concealer brush and a Boots own range powder brush.




For the eyes I used the light beige colour from my Beauty UK No.4 palette. I then placed the bronze powder from my Rimmel trio in the crease for a subtle definition. I used the white from the Beauty UK palette as a highlight on my brow bone and inner corner. I tight line my upper and half of my lower waterline using Rimmel's Kohl liner in black. Underneath by bottom lash line I added a bit of the gold colour from the UK palette as Lauren has a slight golden touch underneath her eyes. Also as Lauren has defined eyebrows I used the dark colour in the Rimmel Trio on my eyebrows.  For the eyeliner I used the  Loreal Super Liner and my mascara is Max Factors High Definition Mascara in Black.

I used a No.7 eye colour brush for the first colour, a No.17 blender brush for the crease, a Revlon angled brush for the eyebrows and a normal eyeshadow brush for the highlight.





For my face I used a Collection 2000 Mosaic bronzer with an angled cheek brush from Models Own. I then used Rimmel's Autumn Catwalk blusher with a No.7 blusher brush. For a highlight on the cheekbone and a bit on the cheek I used Rimmel's Match Perfection highlighting concealer in 010 Ivory.


Finally for the lips I used Maybelline's Super Stay 24 Color in Cherry Pie.

Here are a couple of close ups on the eyes:





I hope you liked this *inspired* look and please leave your comments below, I would love to know what you think??

Laura xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had eyelashes like yours!
    great blog by the way!


    -Hayley xx
    http://alwaysbeglamorous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      The mascara is amazing, more that than my lashes haha

      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.