Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Monday 2 January 2012

BB Creams

It took me a while to figure out what I would like to write about for my first proper post, then one morning as I was getting ready I knew that it should be BB creams. This is because BB creams are now a staple in my make-up bag.

For a little background information, as we are just starting to get to know each other, I don't like wearing foundation everyday. I find that it's too heavy on my skin, to expensive to use daily and that it makes getting ready on a night out more special if I only use it then. When I first stopped wearing foundation daily I started using a tinted moisturizer, I think it was from Boots Natural collection, mixed with an SPF 15 moisturizer too as it didn't contain any SPF's itself. Why I mixed two moisturizers together is beyond me (I have oily spot prone sking, and for some reason didn't put two and two togehter) mainly because it came off too orange on it's own and didn't contain SPF's.

Then one day I was flicking through one of my weekly magazines and spotted an advert for Garnier's 'Mircle Skin Perfector' and I was intrigued, so the next day I walked into my local boots and picked one up.
The Verdict:
It has a slight smell, not overpowering and quite nice and sweet. It's quite thick, however not when on the face as a little spreads a long way, so a thick blob covered my face. Most of my blemishes were covered so only few needed concealer over the top. Set with powder over the top it lasted most of the day
(around 9 hours) so overall much better than what I had been using before. However, I did find that it gave me a slight orange tinge, which I am putting down to it being autumn/winter when I started using it, therefore I have put it away ready for the summer months. So Garnier, please bring out more shades, thank you.


That meant that I had to go out and find something that did the same but was lighter, as I was not going back to my tinted moisturizer now, I moved onto No 17 'Blemish Balm'.

The Verdict:
Love. It suits my skin tone perfectly and it covers just as well as the Garnier cream. It doesn't contain a smell and just like the garnier a little goes a long way. The consistency isn't as thick as the Garnier which is like as it feels slightly lighter on the skin but it isn't as creamy as the Garnier. Again set with powder it lasted most of the day (9 hours) which is good going in my opinion.

Overall I love both the products and will keep the Garnier one for spring/summer and the No 17 for autumn/winter. I think they are a great midway point between tinted moisturizers and foundation and use them as part of my daily make-up routine.


Left: Garnier                                  Right No 17

Thank you for reading my first blog post and hopefully I'll see you next time.
Laura xoxo

P.S for the more info about what  BB creams do, I would recomnd reading these websites


3 comments:

  1. Great review. I think I prefer the garnier one. Great blog:)

    h0lliedays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Garnier one too, they just need to bring out more colours.

    I really like your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your blog, it's so good! Nice review. I have had my eye on the Garnier one, but never got around to purchasing it...I think it might be next on my wish list now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.