Photobucket   Photobucket   photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

Friday, 1 May 2015

Postcard from: A weekend in London

This post is long overdue as it actually happened in January, but when clearing through my phone of photos (thanks iCloud storage!) I came across these pictures and decided to actually write a blog post about it so they weren't just pointless pictures sitting in my phone that no one will ever see.


As they say, sharing is caring. And I mean, it's London BABY!

  

 We stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel which was just the most incredible hotel ever and made me feel like I had the fanciest of pants on (even though they were probably from Asda). But seriously, it was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, and I think we've decided we're only going to stay there on future visits to the big smoke. It's right next to Victoria (we had a dashing view of the travel bored *finger touching emoji* and is just so beautiful and grand and posh, and you can actually pretend your mega rich and stuff.

After checking in (our room was ready before 10am, amazing!) we headed on a nice long stroll, stopping at one of my fave spots, Buckingham Palace. I don't know why, but it's one of my favourite things to see whenever I go to London. *Fun Fact - I once sent my parents and a few friends a SnapChat of the palace saying it was my hotel for the night, and they all believed me.* But yeah, it's a palace, but I like to look at it and pose in front of it.



After seeing the palace we then headed up to Oxford Street purely for me to go to the Disney Store, which is just as exciting as Disney World in my opinion. It's seriously the best Disney store I've been in, and I've been in a lot. The Frozen section was amazing, and made me feel like I was actually there (well, not really, but almost). We then took a leisurely stroll toward Covent Garden, however once we got there we realised we needed to head back as we had important afternoon plans.


The whole reason we came to London was to see Wicked, as it was one of my Christmas presents from my lovely boyfriend. I know I'm totally late to the party, but oh my gosh it was incredible. Truly amazing, and I can totally see why it has such a good reputation. I don't really know what I was expecting but it truly blew my mind. You could say, it defied gravity *laughing crying face emoji*


With a rumbly in our tumbly we headed out for dinner at may be one of my favourite restaurants, Wahaca. I love Mexican food and wish more places like this existed across the UK. So tasty, reasonably priced and fantastic service. Allll the nachos & tortillas.


The next morning we indulged in the most fantastic breakfast ever, in the grandest room ever, before hopping back on a train home and heading back to having to open my own doors and eat my breakfast at an actual dining room table, sigh.

Till next time London.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo youtube_zps4fc770fc.png Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment, it really brightens my day.